Neste: Renewable diesel reduces emissions from traffic
Neste MY Renewable Diesel provides a renewable alternative to fossil fuels. It can be produced from more than ten raw materials, such as waste and residue fats, and different types of plant oils.
In 2016, the use of Neste MY Renewable Diesel helped reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 6.7 million tons, which equals nearly half of annual transportation-related greenhouse gas emissions in Finland.
The use of pure, 100% Neste MY Renewable Diesel offers the following benefits compared to conventional sulfur-free diesel:
• 33% lower levels of fine particulates (and a smaller number of particulates in general)
• 9% less nitrogen oxides (NOx)
• 30% less hydrocarbons (HC)
• 24% lower carbon monoxide (CO) emissions
• reduced levels of polyaromatic hydrocarbons (PAH)
Neste MY Renewable Diesel has the same chemical composition as conventional diesel, therefore the fuel can be used as such in all diesel engines.